What is a Leader?
- A leader is a person who is instinctively unafraid of the power of the position, yet also acutely aware and equal parts terrified of the corruptible nature of the position.
- A leader is a person who leads from the front and does not dictate from the rear.
- A leader will be unafraid to make tough decisions in times of crisis.
- A leader will recognize the difference between the safety of and the satisfaction of those being led, and will make decisions based on the needs of those in their care.
- A leader will not shirk from the duties of leadership and will always be accountable for all decisions made.
- A leader will treat those being led with dignity and respect and will treat everyone as equals.
- A leader will be ready at all times to take responsibility for the actions of those in their care, as they are a direct result of their leadership.
- A leader will never assume to know all the answers but will always appear to.
- A leader will always seek to educate others to become good leaders themselves.